The Church of the Contrada del Drago, formerly the Church of Saint Catherine, was built around 1620 and belonged to the convent of the Monache del Paradiso (Nuns of Paradise). The current steps reveal the height of the former ground level where an ancient field once was. The Poggio Malavolti (Malavolti Hill) was then lowered several times, with its current configuration dating back to 1903.

The Church of Saint Catherine was transferred to the Contrada by Grand Ducal decree in 1787.

Copyright 2024 Contrada del Drago - All rights reserved - v0.0.32